Week 12 of the NFL season comes to a close with Matt Ryan and the Indianapolis Colts (4-6-1) played host to Kenny Pickett and the Pittsburgh Steelers (3-7) on Monday Night Football.
Here are the top plays!
Pittsburgh Steelers at Indianapolis Colts
What an interception!
After the Steelers took an early 3-0 lead, they took the ball back quickly when James Pierre made an athletic interception off Matt Ryan, setting up Pittsburgh at the Indianapolis 38-yard line. The drive stalled, however, and the Steelers were forced to punt.
Sacks on sacks
Yannick Ngakoue came off the edge and charged through to sack Kenny Pickett at the Colts’ 38 for his second sack of the drive. This one looks to be a defensive battle. The Colts finished the first quarter with zero yards of offense.
Off the hook
Matthew Wright’s boot from 52 yards out caromed off the right goal post and in, raising the Steelers’ lead to 6-0.
Chuck it deep
Pickett threw a deep shot down the sideline and found George Pickens for a 35-yard gain. The acrobatic rookie wideout got both feet down on the ground before tumbling out of bounds.
A walk in the park
Najee Harris capitalized on the big play by rushing through the Colts defense and into the end zone for the first touchdown of the game, making it 13-0.
Benny Snell Jr. rushed straight up the middle of the field for a strong 16-yard gain, setting up another field goal before halftime. The Steelers lead 16-3.
A spark …
Dallis Flowers opened the second half with an amazing 89-yard kickoff return to the Pittsburgh 19-yard line, putting the Colts in the red zone.
Jonathan Taylor finished the drive by rushing for a touchdown, cutting the deficit to six points. We have a game.
Down for the count
Najee Harris was ruled out with an abdominal injury following a great offensive contribution for the Steelers in the first half.
Taylor looked invincible as he powers past four defenders for a first down.
Taylor and Ryan fumbled a critical exchange on the goal line, blowing a chance to pull ahead of Pittsburgh. Chris Wormley recovers the ball for the Steelers, and the score remains 16-10.
In the zone
Ryan found rookie Jelani Woods for a 29-yard gain to set up first-and-goal.
Michael Pittman Jr. capped it off with a 6-yard touchdown reception, and the Colts overtake the Steelers 17-16!
Not for long
Benny Snell Jr. leaped into the end zone on a 2-yard carry to put the Steelers back on top, 22-17
Making the most
George Pickens got open in the end zone and caught a pass from Pickett for the two-point conversion, making it 24-17.
George Pickens channels his inner Cristiano Ronaldo and strikes the SIU pose in celebration of the Steelers’ score, proof that the World Cup craze has reached all the way to the other type of football. The Steelers finish 24-17.
Read more from Week 12 of the NFL:
- NFL Week 12 highlights: Eagles battle Packers, Aaron Rodgers exits
- NFL Week 12: Top viral moments from Packers-Eagles, Bears-Jets, more
- Bengals, 49ers riding high; Brady, Bucs offense out of sorts: 3 up, 3 down
- Seahawks get reality check with home OT loss to Raiders, Josh Jacobs
- Did Bucs cost themselves a win by not using timeouts late vs. Browns?
- With stars out, Bengals’ supporting cast steals show in road win over Titans
- NFL odds Week 12: Wacky wins and bad beats, including Jaguars-Ravens
- Tom Brady, Bucs lose more than game in overtime defeat in Cleveland
- NFL odds Week 12: Line, results for every game
- Bears’ loss to Jets shows they’re still early in rebuilding process
- Mike White was the missing ingredient for Jets’ playoff push
Get more from National Football League Follow your favorites to get information about games, news and more